Re: How about MODDIR being configure'able?

On Oct 15,  3:44pm, Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado wrote:
}
}     I would like to set up the MODDIR (directory where binary modules
} of ZSH reside) through 'configure', and not by defining MODDIR prior
} to compile and install using make.

MODDIR is $(libdir)/zsh/$(VERSION).  You can't change the zsh/$(VERSION)
part without breaking things, and nothing else is installed in $(libdir),
so the module path is as completely configurable as possible with

	configure --libdir=...

}     Moreover, there is a call to mktemp that should be replaced with
} a call to mkstemp in 'utils.c' for safety.

No, we've been over this before; there's even a comment in utils.c to
this effect:  zsh uses mktemp() in a safe way.  Specifically, the names
created by gettempname() are always opened with O_CREAT later, so if
they exist the open() call will fail.  Creating them with mkstemp(), on
the other hand, causes problems with redirections and NO_CLOBBER.

}     BTW, is there any place where I can get the current development
} version of ZSH for testing?

It's available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/zsh/.  Details can be
found in the file Etc/FAQ in the distribution you have; if it's not in
there, you've got a really old distribution.

(Hey, Peter, why isn't SourceForge mentioned in the META-FAQ document?)