Mac OS X /bin/sh was zsh, to be replaced with bash

Yesterday I attended the local Bay Area Next user group meeting at Apple in
Cupertino, at which an Apple employee (sorry, can't remember his name right
now) mentioned that there are plans to replace /bin/sh, currently zsh
3.0.something, with bash. The primary reason he stated was zsh's lack of POSIX
conformance that they kept having problems with. Unfortunately he did/could
not go into any detail. He also said that as far as he knew no attempt had
been made to contact the zsh maintainers about this.

Now I could ask Jordan Hubbard at Apple if he would be willing to refer me to
somebody to talk to about this issue, and ask this person what exactly these
POSIX compatibility issues are they are having problems with. Maybe these
issues can be addressed; they will never be fixed unless the developers are
aware of them.

Comments?

--
Jos Backus                 _/  _/_/_/        Santa Clara, CA