Module depndencies problem (fails on Linux at least)

Yesterday I wrote patch that automatically adds module dependencies at compile time just to find out that under Linux (Mandrake cooker, glibc-2.2.4, gcc-2.96 as modified by Mandrake) shared object can't have unresolved data references else dlopen() fails. In case of zftp/tcp it appears to work, but e.g. loading of complist (that is done as the very first in my ~/.zshrc) fails due to large number of references to external variables.

Which meas that 'dlopen it and get list of dependencies' won't work until huge part of Zsh has been rewritten to not require direct access to external variables. Something I welcome wholeheartedly but do not dare to undertake :-)

-andrej