Re: Zsh 4.0.4 and Emacs 21.1 in Windows XP

Borsenkow Andrej wrote:

Erm ... have you even tried to look at Cygwin page I told you about?

CYGWIN=nobinmode
And export it before starting shell in emacs. How exactly you do it in
emacs I do not know.

Sorry, I didn't have a lot of time when I wrote back to you -- my fault. You were exactly right; zsh works fine for me now. In my .emacs I just put
 (setenv "CYGWIN" "nobinmode")
and now when I start the shell it works great. I'll submit this as an addition to Peter Stephenson's zsh FAQ.

Thanks for your help.

-- Gary Oberbrunner