Re: Zsh 4.0.4 and Emacs 21.1 in Windows XP

Borsenkow Andrej wrote:

I cannot reproduce it. I downloaded precompiled binary for emacs-21 off
GNU archives, I have more or less current CVS version of zsh (it dhould
not matter wrt the above problem) and I have current Cygwin
installation. All I did was set ESHELL to d:\cygwin\bin\zsh.exe and
start it in Emacs with M-x shell (that pretty much everything I can do
in emacs; even that took 15 minutes to find out :-)

Hmm. Maybe something else in my config is bad. (I don't use precomp emacs binaries because I'm working on it and usually have it built for debug etc. -- but when I noticed this I went back to a stock 21.1 build. I could try the prebuilt emacs bins, but I've never noticed any difference before.

Sorry, but you probably are better off asking this on Cygwin list,
especially as the problem is not limited to zsh.

Yeah, you're probably right.  Thanks for trying to reproduce it.

-- Gary