Re: menu selection and incompatible arguments

Borsenkow Andrej wrote:

> If you describe incompatible arguments in _arguments like
>
> (-foo)-bar
> (-bar)-foo
>
> and try to complete with -foo on the line -bar is not listed as an
> option. But if you start from empty line, both are listed and you can
> also insert both of them.
>
> Just curious how hard would it be for accept-and-menu-complete to
> respect incompatible arguments in this case?

Currently: pretty hard (because the code used by a-a-m-c and the code
used for menu completion aren't aware of such things and don't call
the completion code again).

These are things I'm currently thinking about when I'm thinking about
moving more stuff into shell code.  Maybe there lies a solution, but
menu completion can get so complicated that I want to try it later
(probably together with the all-matches stuff, which has a similar
problem).

Bye
  Sven

--