Re: Test failures in artih and arguments

Felix Rosencrantz wrote:

> ./Y03arguments.ztst: starting.
> *** /tmp/zsh.ztst.out.2530	Tue Jan 22 10:02:28 2002
> --- /tmp/zsh.ztst.tout.2530	Tue Jan 22 10:02:28 2002
> ***************
> *** 1,4 ****
> ! line: {tst -}{}
> ! MESSAGE:{arg}
> ! NO:{-x}
> --- 1 ----
> ! line: {tst -x }{}
> Test ./Y03arguments.ztst failed: output differs from expected as shown
> above for:
>  tst_arguments '-x' ':arg:'
>  comptest $'tst -\t'
> Was testing: argument beginning with minus
> ./Y03arguments.ztst: test failed.

Grrrr... that's a result of the fake style patch. Previously, with a
function containing:

  _argument '-x' ':arg:'

doing

  foo -<TAB>

didn't insert anything and displayed be message `arg'.

This was done by some code in _main_complete which I had to change
because otherwise adding completing a faked matched for the `arg'
above wouldn't work. Quite naturally, actually.

If I remember correctly, the behaviour was added on request from
Tanaka Akira.

So we now have the problem that in exactly the same case something we
certainly want to have with faked matches conflicts with the behaviour
we wanted there previously (or even now, without faked matches).

I'm not sure how to solve this.

Bye
  Sven

--