Re: fatal flaw zsh 4.0.1 on irix 6.3 & 6.5: suspend "ls -l|less" then resume hangs

Since that old while-loop patch came up again, I want to remember
everyone that I think we haven't done anything about that Irix-bug yet
(unless I've missed something?).

The last message in the thread was 15557:

> Timothy Miller wrote:

> > I just manually changed config.h to not define HAVE_KILLPG, cleaned and
> > recompiled everything, and it all seems to work, except for make check C02
> > and Y* which were expected not to work anyway.
>
> So, which solution do you all prefer?  1) adding a killpg() macro in some
> header file, 2) changing all killpg()s to kill(-...) or 3) changing configure
> to not use killpg() on Irix?
>
> I'd prefer 1) or 3) -- with 2) someone could sometime use killpg()
> because he doesn't know about this.

It seems that the bug could be fixed by using kill(-...) instead of
killpg().

Bye
  Sven

--