Re: up-line-or-search question

 --- Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Bart Schaefer" wrote:
> > Search the zsh-users archive for the string: up-line-or-beginning
>
> Are these the currently agreed definitions?  If so, they can be added
> to Functions/Zle and the zshcontrib manual page.

Those look like what Bart suggested but they aren't what I now use. If
I remember correctly, opinions varied as to what should happen on the
first line of a multi-line buffer. I'm also still undecided about the
cursor positioning and considered having the function move it to the
end of the line or even to where it was when I pressed enter (for the
last command only). If, I remember rightly, someone else on -users also
ended up with some other variation.

Am I the only one on -workers who uses something like this? I could put
together what I think is best and stick it in Functions/Zle (next week
when I might have some time)? Or we could write a style configurable
one?

Another option would be to think about my past point that it would be
easier to write these things if the builtin widgets were more
primitive. I don't suppose writing basic up-line and down-lines is
going to be hard.

Oliver