Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: PATCH: _history_complete_word
- X-seq: zsh-workers 16775
- From: Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: PATCH: _history_complete_word
- Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:31:05 +0100
- In-reply-to: <20020306145637.A21394@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <200003310814.KAA06936@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20000426204917.A13452@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20020306145637.A21394@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Adam Spiers wrote:
> Bringing more dead topics back to life ...
> Adam Spiers (adam@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > Just noticed another new quirk with h-c-w now. I have:
> > zstyle ':completion:*:descriptions' format '%B---- %d%b'
> > zstyle ':completion:*:history-words' stop verbose
> > zstyle ':completion:*:history-words' remove_all_dups yep
> > The first time I press M-/ the message `---- history word' appears,
> > which means that I have to press it twice to get the first match,
> > which shouldn't really happen unless the `list' style is turned on.
> > How can this be fixed?
> This tiny nit has grown into an itch big enough I need to scratch it.
> These days I also have
> zstyle ':completion:*:history-words' list false
> set, so I don't even get the message appearing. This gives the
> impression of the first keystroke just being swallowed. This is
> presumably because the
> [[ $LASTWIDGET = _history-complete-* &&
> ( -n "$compstate[old_list]" || -n $_hist_stop ) ]]
> condition returns false, so on the first stroke, the matches are
> generated but nothing else happens. I'm not sure what the best
> solution is.
Please see the last discussion about this, which ended with the
patches in users/3752 and workers/13815. First, stop has been made a
boolean style, so you want:
zstyle ':completion:*:history-words' stop yes
Second, h-c-w now behaves normally w.r.t. menu-completion, so you have
to set the menu style if you want menu-completion-only behaviour:
zstyle ':completion:*:history-words' menu yes
P.S.: Including the message number of the old article would have
Sven Wischnowsky wischnow@xxxxxxxxx
Messages sorted by: