Re: what is removing the space after completion and before "|"?

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 06:20:56PM +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Mar 9,  2:03am, Derek Peschel wrote:

> } I hit tab to complete a filename, I type "|", and the space gets erased.
> } Is this goverened by one of the AUTO_... options or something else?
>
> It depends.
>
> With default builtin completions, suffix removal is controlled by the
> slightly-misnamed AUTO_REMOVE_SLASH option.

I'm using the old completion system and I haven't tried compctl.  I don't
think AUTO_REMOVE_SLASH has any effect in the particular case of spaces
before pipe characters (I tried it both ways).  This is with a 4.1
development version.

Is compresult.c the only file that deals with suffixes?

-- Derek