Re: listing pathnames with metacharacters

Borsenkow Andrej wrote:

> Actually I just realized that in other context completion correctly lists
> unquoted matches (while inserting quoted versions of course):
>
> bor@itsrm2% info ZSH Completion\ System
> Completing menu item
> Command Execution         --
> Completion System         --
> Completion Using compctl  --
>
> But for file names it both lists and inserts quoted version:
>
> bor@itsrm2% l a\ b/
> Completing files
> a\ b/      c\ d/      uudecode/
>
> is it intentional? I too would like to see unquoted file names in list. Am I
> wrong or it was this way at some point?

No it's the (core of) _describe which is causing this exception. I'll
have a look. It was always (intended to be) the case that the list
contained the words in quoted form. I vaguely remember some discussion
about this and the argument for using quotes that this should make
clearer which parts in the list belong together and which are really
separate matches.

Though this is probably less of an issue in the cases where _describe
is used.

Bye
  Sven

--