Problems building zsh on QNX 6.1

Hello...  I wanted to report some trouble I had building zsh 4.0.2 for
QNX 6.1.  I was ultimately successful in getting it to compile, but
there were a few minor problems.  Also, I'm not sure whether the
work-around I used led to a proper executable.  (It seems to work
fine.)

The 'out-of-the-box' QNX installation choked when I ran ./configure in
the build directory as follows:

# pwd
/usr/local/src/zsh-4.0.2

# ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
configuring for zsh 4.0.2
checking host system type... x86-pc-nto-qnx
checking for gcc... gcc
[... stuff omitted ... ]
checking for Cygwin environment... no
checking for mingw32 environment... no
checking for executable suffix... configure: error: installation or
configuration problem: compiler cannot create executables.

A look in config.log showed the following:

configure:1628: checking for executable suffix
configure:1638: gcc -o conftest  -Wall -Wno-implicit
-Wmissing-prototypes -O2 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE undefined  conftest.c
undefined 1>&5
gcc: undefined: No such file or directory
gcc: undefined: No such file or directory

LIBS and LDFLAGS were both getting set to 'undefined'.  Can anyone
explain why?  (Don't know if it matters, but /bin/sh is a link to ksh
on QNX; is this a Korn shell thing?) I was able to get the configure
script to complete by explicitly setting a few variables:

# export LIBS=""
# export LDFLAGS=""

But then the make failed with the following message:

make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/zsh-4.0.2/Src/Builtins'
gawk -f ./rlimits.awk /usr/include/sys/resource.h /dev/null > rlimits.h
gcc -c -I.  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall -Wno-implicit -Wmissing-prototypes
-O2 -o rlimits.o rlimits.c
rlimits.c: In function `printulimit':
rlimits.c:200: duplicate case value
rlimits.c:172: this is the first entry for that value
rlimits.c: In function `bin_ulimit':
rlimits.c:558: duplicate case value
rlimits.c:552: this is the first entry for that value
make[3]: *** [rlimits.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/zsh-4.0.2/Src/Builtins'
make[2]: *** [modobjs] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/zsh-4.0.2/Src'
make[1]: *** [modobjs] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/zsh-4.0.2/Src'
make: *** [all] Error 1

A look in rlimits.c led me to the conclusion that RLIMIT_VMEM and
RLIMIT_RSS were being #defined to the same thing (namely, the decimal
value '6').  So, I commented out the case statements at line 200 and
558.  After doing so, the make completed successfully.

This is all heavy wizardry to me, so I'm unable to suggest a fix;
however, I'd love to help in any way I can.  Please email me directly
if any further information is required.

Regards,

- Dave Wolfe
  gForce Techologies, Inc.

This is all heavy wizardry to me, so I'm unable to suggest fixes;