Re: termcap/terminfo removal (was zsh-4.0.5 can't compile on hpux 10.20)

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 05:39:14PM +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote:

> I'm seriously considering omitting the termcap and terminfo modules from
> the 4.0 line, they've caused no end of grief for fairly minor features.

Since they work for me and I don't have to deal with the complaints, I'd
really prefer that they stay in.  Maybe a configure argument could be
used to disable it on a case-by-case basis if there are problems?

I'm taking over "maintenance" of zsh in Solaris, and although we're not
expecting to maintain the same level of backwards compatibility in our
open-source applications as in Solaris apps, it'd be nice not to lose a
feature like this, especially as zsh has been pretty good at keeping
itself backwards compatible over time.

Thanks,
Danek