Re: Using zsh in gcc compilation

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 11:07:45AM +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> > This error seems to happens because an additional '-on' is added to the xgcc
> > line and the output doesn't go to standard output, so we have an empty
> > libgcc.map, but i have no idea which zsh feature could be causing this.
>
> That's plausible, but I think you'll have to go back and look at what is
> producing that particular part of the xgcc command line, which probably
> means trying to track down the corresponding part of the Makefile.  At
> the point you quote, it's already embedded in the command line from
> somewhere earlier.

I've already checked that, and if i didn't miss something, this part of the
Makefile is generated from the script mklibgcc, which calls xgcc with the
contents of a $flags variable. This variable is the result of applying a sed
expression to the values contained in MULTILIB. Beyond MULTILIB i wasn't
able to continue tracking down the problem :(, gcc makefiles/configure system
are a 'bit' cryptic for me. By the way, i also tried configuring gcc with
the --disable-multilib option, but the error still appeared.

--
David Gómez

"The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of
 whether submarines can swim." -- Edsger W. Dijkstra