Re: ulimit strangeness

On Nov 15, 11:55am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: ulimit strangeness
}
} "Bart Schaefer" wrote:
} > It looks like this has something to do with the convoluted #ifdef that
} > prevents duplicate case labels in rlimits.c when both RLIMIT_RSS and
} > RLIMIT_VMEM are defined, but I haven't yet figured out what to fix.
}
} My guess is the test `RLIMIT_RSS != RLIMIT_VMEM' is incorrectly failing
} in the preprocessor, i.e. it thinks RLIMIT_RSS == RLIMIT_VMEM owing to
} the way the definitions are laid out.

No, it's this, in Src/system.h:

/* we use the SVR4 constant instead of the BSD one */
#if !defined(RLIMIT_NOFILE) && defined(RLIMIT_OFILE)
# define RLIMIT_NOFILE RLIMIT_OFILE
#endif
#if !defined(RLIMIT_VMEM) && defined(RLIMIT_AS)
# define RLIMIT_VMEM RLIMIT_AS
#endif

So RLIMIT_VMEM *is* defined, and is not the same as RLIMIT_RSS, and ...