Re: GNU nohup oddness

"Bart Schaefer" wrote:
> With signal_ignore(SIGHUP) any jobs started by that zsh _probably_ will
> also ignore HUP -- but without opts[HUP] = 0, zsh still kill()s all jobs
> at exit.  So with the patch above, background jobs _may_ die when the
> script exits, even if the nohup wrapper was used to start the script.

But only if they explicitly arrange to handle HUP, right?  I would have
said this was marginally preferable, but I'm really just sticking my
finger in the air.

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070

and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.