delete-char-or-list vs IGNOREEOF

Hi again,

In going from zsh 3.1.6 (yes, I know that's ancient) to 4.0.6, I found
another small irritation.  In the script below, typing C-d on an
empty input line used to exit.  Now, in 4.0.6, it lists completions.
Is there some way I can get back the ability to exit with C-d?
The same problem exists for `delete-char'.

Please copy me on any reply as I am not on the list.

thanks,
greg

#!/phl/build/zsh-4.0.6/Src/zsh -f

unsetopt ignoreeof
bindkey    '\C-d'     'delete-char-or-list'

prompt="foo%B%%%b "
while cmd="" && vared -h -p "$prompt" cmd ; do
  echo " -- got: $cmd"
  print -s - "$cmd"
done