Re: Bug in _path_files

On May 8, 11:06am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} Whoops, it seems the old fudge was documented and used in various
} places.

Dang.  I grep'd for that the day you posted the patch, thinking it was
probably going to break something, but forgot to hit all the completion
subdirectories ...

} Not quite sure what to do about 4.0 --- I applied the first patch but
} maybe it's better to leave it and document the bug.

There was a time I'd have said that was the way to go ... but now we have
assorted Linux distributions and the like bundling the "stable" releases,
so the longer we leave these kinds of discrepancies the worse the damage
is likely to be when 4.2 or 5.0 or whatever it will be, comes out.

So I'd recommend that you apply both patches to the 4.0 branch, and that
we (you) think about doing a 4.0.7 sometime soon.