Re: PATCH: Re: du(1) completion and a little $RANDOM problem

Doug Kearns wrote:

> Yes, this would be nice and it's on my todo list along with support for
> all the 'standard' environment variables, but ...

I didn't think we were that lacking in terms of standard environment
variables. There's a number that could be handled by _command_names
(EDITOR, VISUAL, CC etc) perhaps. All *path, *PATH and LC_* variables
are handled by a pattern completion.

> > Trouble is that these are just the sort of things that have
> > slightly different options on every system you look at.
>
> exactly ... [sigh]

Though it's probably better to write them and hopefully over time they
can handle more systems.

Oliver