Re: PLD Linux Distribution patches

GoTaR wrote:

Hmm, it would help a little if there was some description of what the
patches are for, and possibly the patches themselves, since they're not
all that big.  The usual convention is patches appear on the zsh-workers
list for comment.  I appreciate that there is a separate pld-linux patch
system, but not all zsh-workers will look at that.

> http://cvs.pld-linux.org/SOURCES/zsh-tinfo.patch

Searches tinfo as well as other libraries for curses stuff.

This is simple enough and I've applied it to both branches.

> http://cvs.pld-linux.org/SOURCES/zsh-no_nis.patch

This appears to remove all specific NIS and NIS+ support
unconditionally on the basis that libraries now handle it.  While this
may well be true for a lot of modern systems, I don't think we can
simply assume it's valid everywhere.

If there's no test that can be done to see, the existing HAVE_NIS and
HAVE_NIS_PLUS tests in zshconfig.ac could be qualified so that the
macros aren't defined on systems known not to need them.  I think that
would be a simpler patch anyway.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Work: pws@xxxxxxx