Problem with an exported array

    Hi all :)

    Instead of turning on SHWORDSPLIT or using ${=PAGER}, I decided
to set PAGER as an array recently, with the following:

    typeset -gxa PAGER
    PAGER=(/bin/view -)

    In fact, if I do 'whatever | $PAGER' it works. The problem is
that PAGER is not exported to the environment of commands!. So, if I
do now 'man whatever', 'man' barfs saying that it cannot find
/usr/bin/pager, the default pager for man. But if I do something
like 'PAGER=$PAGER man whatever', it works perfectly. Aren't arrays
exported? If I do the following:

    typeset -gx PAGER="/bin/view -"

    then 'man' works OK. Am I doing something wrong or is just that
arrays cannot be exported? BTW I'm using zsh 4.0.7

    Thanks in advance.

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736