Re: Problem with an exported array

    Hi Peter :)

 * Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> dixit:
> >     I think that the most used case will be joining with spaces,
> > maybe the colon (PATH and the like).
> This gives me an idea... it looks like a minimal modification to the
> user version of the PATH stuff can give you a combination where pager is
> an array and PAGER is a scalar with the elements joined by spaces.

    Cool, since my idea of tieing both variables won't work because
the joining character is a colon and not an space :(((

> The only downside I can see is that you have to remember to use $pager,
> not $PAGER, when you want the array.

    Not a problem, since I already do this with PATH and path, for
example. In fact is a pro, because I do that automatically ;)

> If this isn't going to be good enough, or someone can see a problem, say
> now, since I don't want to clutter the parameter code more than is
> necessary.  However, if it's useful it seems a relatively clean change
> compared with most of the typeset flummery.

    For me it is right, but I must confess I have interest in it ;)))
Although I cannot use that with my current zsh version, it doesn't
matter really since I don't modify the variables (on normal use, I
mean), and I can set both variables by hand in my /etc/zshenv. But
I'm ready for a new Zsh version ;))))

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736