Re: Would this (o) be very difficult to add?

    Hi Bart :)

    Nice to see you back ;)

 * Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> } [...] I cannot use this in a command: command $(print -lP...)
> } results in 'command file name 1 file name 2', unquoted :(((
> Since you're using "print -l" you have the filenames one per line.
> Therefore, just quote the entire thing and split the output on newlines,
> and all should be well:
>     command ${(f)"$(print -lP ...)"}

    Oh, I'm really *stupid*. I was trying the same but with the (j)
flag... I was using it to fold instead of the correct (f), and all I
got was an 'error in flags' message :((((

    Thanks, this solve entirely my problem :))

    Another thing I'm doing with all this is storing the generated
list on an array, because sometimes I wan't to have the list passed to
a command and stored in a file, and I do with the array:

    array=(${(f)...})
    command $array
    print -l $array > file.list

    Can this be done directly in the command line for the 'command',
or I'd better stuck with the array and the redirection? In fact for
me is very convenient to have the list on an array, for further
manipulation, for example, it's just curiosity, not need ;)

> Zsh is even clever enough to deal properly with nested double quotes
> when ${...} or $(...) are involved.

    Good boy, Zsh, good boy ;)) Thanks a lot for your answer :)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736