Re: NSS LDAP/TLS crashing

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 03:28:06PM +0000, Peter Stephenson wrote:

> Clint Adams wrote:
>
> > % objdump -T /usr/lib/libz.so.1 | grep zcal
> > 00008110 g    DF .text	00000018  Base        zcalloc
>
> So it looks like we now need to second-guess the zlib interface.
> Here's a patch for 4.0; I will commit the 4.1 version directly.

One could argue that it's a bug in zlib.  zalloc() is not an interface
exposed from zlib.h, so presumably the function is private to the
library.  In which case the library should be built so that it's not
exposed outside the library.

Obviously zsh will still have to work around the bug where it might not
be fixed, but the bug should be reported.

I'm happy to, if no one else feels like it.  :)

Danek