Re: Completion in pwd before subdirecories

Bart wrote:

> I suppose really it should be "_files -g '*.gz(-.)'" ...

Yes. And I'm now convinced that we should make that change throughout.

Only, in my testing, I have to include a `#q' for it to work so _files'
merging of glob qualifiers must have problems somewhere.

The manual includes this example:
          zstyle ':completion:*' file-patterns \
              '%p:globbed-files' '*(-/):directories' '*:all-files'

We perhaps ought to point out that the globbed-files may include
directories and the user may want to use '%p(^-/):globbed-files' to
have all directories completed later.

> } We still need to ask whether the user should need a file-patterns style
> } to achieve directories after files for the original menu completion
> } question.

I've just realised that this is of course solved by using things like

Unfortunately, things are broken by the many completion functions which
do something like:

  _wanted files expl file _files -g '*.gz(-.)'

The `files' group takes precedence and everything ends up back in one
group.

So we're back to the old problem of precedence of compadd options in
nested tag loops.

Oliver