4.0.8 stills thinks Linux hasn't /dev/ptmx

    Hi all :)

    I've downloaded Zsh 4.0.8 and in Src/Modules/zpty.c, /dev/ptmx is
only used if one of __SVR4, sinix or __CYGWIN__ is defined. Under
Linux none of these is defined, but Linux supports PTY multiplexor
since (AFAIK) kernel 2.2. IMHO, since under Linux you can choose
between classic PTY support (/dev/pty??) or PTY multiplexor, the
appropriate thing here should be using configure.

    Anyway I gave more details and a workarount in zsh-workers 19196,
using GLIBC defines for seeing if the system supports ptmx. So, no
configure needed (by now)...

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736