Re: Test E01 and Y01 fails in my zsh 4.0.9

On Jan 7,  7:56pm, DervishD wrote:
}
} > }     When doing 'make check', the E01options test fails when testing
} > } the option 'BSD_ECHO'.
} > On what operating system are you testing?
}
}     Sorry, I forgot to tell: Linux, a DIY box running 2.4.21 kernel
} with glibc 2.2.4

Hrm.  I can't think of any reason, offhand, for that failure.  The output
you quoted would indicate that it's behaving as if BSD_ECHO is always on.

}     Maybe PTY handling is the problem, but if I run the test as you
} say, the test is indeed more verbose but hangs anyway :( It stops at:
}
}     comptestinit -z $ZTST_testdir/../Src/zsh &&
[...]
}     Don't know why 'comptestinit' stops there :??

It could be a problem with globbing to initialize the fpath, but it's
far more likely that the zpty module is hanging it.

}     BTW, I have /dev/ptmx AND /dev/ptyp? so the test shouldn't fail
} even if zsh thinks I don't have the PTY multiplexer :?

If it were a problem with _finding_ the PTY, you wouldn't even get as
far as hanging.  I'd suspect a problem with actually reading or writing
the PTY.

As what user are you testing?