Re: Some groundwork for Unicode in Zle

> See http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2001/msg02753.html for some
> discussion about this.

Thanks for the pointer. It seems things as evolved from that time.
Nowadays, UTF-8 is becoming the main locale for systems, and that is
causing pain when you use zsh (I know it, for personnal experience and
since I get lots of complains from students who don't understand what's
happening on their command-line). Furthermore, I think having to replace
all those "cs++" by use of a correct function is not a quick hack: it's
something that is correct in long term (we can tell the function to do
whatever we want, from a simple "++" to more sophisticated things).

Their is one argument, though, that I don't understand: why could't the
ZLE refresh code (what is quite a piece of hack in itself!) handle
passing multiple bites at a time? That's clearly not something in my
competences, so I'll happily trust gurus on this, but nevertheless I'd
like to understand why the refresh code couldn't be modified to pass
groups of bytes insted of bytes.

--
FX