Re: Is this a bug for zsh 4.2.3?

[moved to -workers]

On Jan 24, 10:52am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: Is this a bug for zsh 4.2.3?
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > It's a pretty
} > serious bug, one that probably warrants a 4.2.4.
}
} I don't have the energy, myself...

Hrm.  I don't have much either, I'm in the midst of an unpleasant chest
cold.  What's involved nowadays?  If, for example, I set up a patches
branch in CVS, can you make tarfiles to put wherever?  (Or are we now
trying to avoid having a patches branch?)

Though it would be nice to get the Cygwin patches for the configure
scripts (mentioned by someone last week) in there as well.

Meanwhile, what's the scheme nowadays for version numbering the dev
versions in CVS?  It's presently 4.2.3-dev-1, but it seems like it
should be either 4.3.0-dev-1 or 4.2.4-dev-1.