4.2.4 failure on MacOS X

Just got this... looks like the iconv changes for Cygwin caused other
problems.

pws

From: William Scott <wgscott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: zsh 4.2.4 build failure
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 08:00:43 -0800
To: Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>

Dear Peter:

I built 4.2.3 on a new OS X machine yesterday without any problems.
Today after seeing your email I tried to build 4.2.4 using an identical
procedure (configure command just obtained from the history stack) and
it fails like this:

gcc -Wl,-x   -o zsh main.o  `cat stamp-modobjs`   -L/sw/lib -lpcre -ldl
-ltinfo -lm  -lc
ld: Undefined symbols:
_libiconv
_libiconv_close
_libiconv_open
make[1]: *** [zsh] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

It also does this on my laptop that has compiled everything since
4.1.1. without incident.

I can live without the bleeding edge, but thought I should provide the
feedback...

All the best, and thanks so much for writing the book too.

Bill

William G. Scott

Associate Professor
and The Center for the Molecular Biology of RNA
Sinsheimer Laboratories
University of California at Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, California 95064
USA

phone:  +1-831-459-5367 (office)
                +1-831-459-5292 (lab)
fax:         +1-831-4593139  (fax)
url:          http://chemistry.ucsc.edu/~wgscott/

and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.