Re: Latest CVS + ZLE_UNICODE_SUPPORT on RHEL3

Borzenkov Andrey wrote:
> The problem seems to be that currently zle returns to zsh array of wchar_t; a
> nd zsh of course has no idea what to do with it (and treats it as array of ch
> ar anyway). I started to attempt to fix it but then I realized I do not know
> (and there is nothing in patch) what was intended:
>
> - convert wchar_t to something else (mbchar back? UTF-8?) before passing it t
> o main zsh code.

This should happen already.  zleread() now calls zlegetline() (instead
of just returning the line it had already assembled) which calls
zlelineasstring() in zle_utils.c.  For ZLE_UNICODE_SUPPORT this should
convert the wchar_t array to a metafied multibyte string as used by the
rest of the shell.

I haven't tested the combined effect of the patches so far at all, since
I know there are bits that aren't fixed up yet.  The trouble is it
really has to be all or nothing inside zle itself; a mix of bits that
use multibyte strings and bits that use wide characters won't work at
all.  I'd be satisfied to being with to get an interface that looks like
it ought to work.

the system manager.