Re[2]: SIGTTOU old problem

Hello Philippe Troin

Пн, 28.02.2005 18:29:43 you wrote:
PT> > -    trap "" SIGTTOU > /dev/null 2>&1 || :
PT> > +    ( trap "" SIGTTOU > /dev/null 2>&1 ) && trap "" SIGTTOU > /dev/null 2>&1
PT> Why?  What does it buy?

SUS specifies that trap is special builtin so error in "trap" should terminate non-interactive shell. On my system (and as Peter hinted probably everywhere else) trap SIGTTOU is invalid (trap TTOU is valid) so configure exits without any chance to see || :.

To the author of original check - please test if my patch works for you as intended and I commit it. Alternative is to change it into "trap "" TTOU" that is likely to be more portable.

-andrey

www.newmail.ru -- узел свободных коммуникаций.