Re: configure tests for iconv

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

> On Wednesday 02 March 2005 19:08, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> > > Also worth checking is
> > >   zmodload zsh/langinfo
> > >   print $langinfo[CODESET]
> >
> > This gives US-ASCII, which might be part of the problem, though I really
> > haven't the faintest idea.  A quick scan of the regional and language
> > settings didn't suggest anything.
>
> I do not think that cygwin really has locale support besides what internal
> Win32 API already provides. I wonder if it is using 8 or 16 bit interfaces
> (most Win32 functions have two versions).

Cygwin does support locales via the setlocale() function.  Not sure
weither it's using the 8 or 16 bit interfaces (it's part of libc, I'll
have to check).  There is a problem, currently, where locales aren't
begin set and instead are reporting "C".  I'll see if I can find anything
further.

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@xxxxxxxxxxxx> or <Peter.Castro@xxxxxxxxxx>