Re: isearch forward broken

On Mar 18,  4:45pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: isearch forward broken
}
} I'm up to date and I can't get either of these.  Failing forward
} i-search when starting a shell with zsh -f isn't surprising, so I
} presume there's more I don't know about.

The point is that forward i-search won't search the current buffer
any more.  Start with an empty history, type something on the current
command line, hit ctrl-a to go to the beginning of the buffer, then
try to search for something that appears in the buffer.

After it fails, backspace erases one character from the minibuffer
but also empties the entire regular buffer.

Searching the current buffer works properly in 4.2.3.