Re: revisiting history-file rewriting

On Mar 18, 10:19am, Wayne Davison wrote:
} Subject: Re: revisiting history-file rewriting
}
} I don't like OVERWRITE_HISTORY because it sounds like something that
} conflicts with APPEND_HISTORY.  Perhaps my option name needs to be
} improved -- how about HIST_WRITE_IN_PLACE?

That name seems a bit unwieldy, but I suppose one won't be typing it all
that often.

Appending to the history writes in place, too, though, doesn't it?  Or
at least incremental appending does?

Maybe HIST_SAVE_BY_COPY, defaulting to on?

Another random thought, far too late for its own good:

HIST_SAVE_NO_DUPS default off should have been HIST_SAVE_DUPS default on,
so as to avoid the double negative in NO_HIST_SAVE_NO_DUPS.  Oh, well.