Re: Problem with the configure script (2.4.2)

Mike Dowling <ML.Dowling@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I cannot get configure to produce a Makefile or a config.h file.  I
> suspect that the problem lies with me, but I would be very grateful for
> any hints as to how I can solve the problem.
>
> #./configure
>
> produces lots of output, as usual, and perminates with
>
> checking for sbrk() prototype in <unistd.h>... yes
> checking for ioctl prototype in <sys/ioctl.h>... yes
> checking for mknod prototype in <sys/stat.h>... yes
> checking if named FIFOs work... yes
> checking if echo in /bin/sh interprets escape sequences... yes
> checking if link() works... yes
> checking if kill(pid, 0) returns ESRCH correctly... yes
> checking if POSIX sigsuspend() works... yes
>
> Everything looks fine, until I enter
>
> #make
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
>
> But there's no Make file.  config.log also looks inoccuous enough
> (attached).
>
> What could possibly be going wrong?

Maybe the sigsuspend() test wrecks the configure process.  That could
be related to users/20886.

Can you try running configure with sh -x, like in:

  sh -x ./configure <configure-options>

to see where zsh stops?

Please send the gziped output to the list, not the full thing.  Or the
tail of the file.

Phil.