Re: Can't redefine execute-named-cmd ??

On Mar 21, 11:13am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} execute-named-command as well as the isearch commands have horribly
} incestuous ways of using key bindings.

Obviously so, but what does that have to do with the inability to
redefine it?  And why does it cause a crash when calling it by name
with "zle execute-named-cmd"?

Something more than keybindings is rotten in Denmark, if you'll pardon
my cliche.

} They could do with being
} rewritten as a suite of functions with special keymaps. [...]
} As things stand I will probably be available to work on this myself in
} 2012 (but don't hold me to it).

Yes, I've looked at that, too, and been similarly discouraged.