Re: zsh 4.2.5

"Zvi Har'El" wrote:
> I suppose this requires some fixing in the configuration process, since
> solaris doesn't have the gnu glibc, and the solaris libc doesn't include
> iconv.

Certainly on the Solaris machines I have access to, libc does include
iconv. Is the iconv library you're trying to link against GNU libiconv?
What error were you getting? Is it perhaps picking up GNU libiconv's
include files before the system ones?

What happens if you type in the following:
  cat > t.c <<END
  #include <iconv.h>
  main() { iconv_t cd = (iconv_t)iconv_open("646", "8859"); }
  END
  cc t.c
For me, that compiles just fine.

Oliver