Re: Zsh clears prompt line. Feature or bug?

On Apr 8,  1:00pm, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
}
} > } That's 80 spaces, save cursor position, 80 backspaces, restore cursor.
} >
} > Doesn't work for me.
}
} Sorry, it looks like I made a bit of a mess of this when trying to
} simplify it. My original used $terminfo.

Does that mean that with $terminfo you were able to employ a destructive
backspace?  As I said, for me \b isn't destructive, at least not in the
sense of making it impossible to mouse-select previously-printed spaces.

The next complaint, of course, is going to be that zsh clobbers the word
"RIGHT" in the following:

zsh% echo -n "${(l.COLUMNS-6.. .)}RIGHT\015LEFT"