Re: PATCH: allocating a new file descriptor

Bart Schaefer wrote:
> Also maybe it's time we introduced an API in the main part of zsh for
> opening and closing files, so that we can stop doing things like this ...

Fine, although I don't suppose anybody's actually going to do it...
The issue is actually checking the state of fds and fixing up the state
after the open; in several modules, including socket, we need to open fd's
in non-standard ways.  That's about two new functions already.
Wrapping the whole thing up is probably a lot of work.

pws

the system manager.