Re: yodl and Z shell documentation (was localtraps)

On May 10,  4:42pm, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
} Subject: Re: yodl and Z shell documentation (was localtraps)
}
} Bart wrote:
}
} > I definitely do not want to lose the info documentation.  I use it a lot,
} > particularly the index lookup feature.
}
} We wouldn't lose it but the conversion may not be as smooth. I think the
} easiest way to turn docbook into Texinfo is using docbook2x

This is not increasing my enthusiasm.  The whole reason we chose yodl
way back when was because that meant *one* piece of format-conversion
software was required to produce all the output formats we wanted.
Requiring a greater number of conversion tools from a wider variety of
sources and that may be available on a smaller number of target OSs, is
not a step forward in my opinion.

} (http://docbook2x.sourceforge.net/). I don't know much about it,
} however. Do docbook2x's own info files look good to you?

It looks OK based on the Cygwin screen shot, but I'm not going to
install it just to find out.

} Things like indexes may have to be done differently. I don't really like
} the current set of six indices anyway.

Well, no, neither do I, but that's a limitation of the info format.