Re: PATCH: _unexpand

On Jul 9, 11:14pm, Travis Spencer wrote:
}
} I looked through the existing functions in the distribution, and I saw
} a function that looked pretty good -- _pick_variant.
} [...]  I have the FSF's unexpand at the head of my path.
} I wanted to test it with the Sun version, so I reexported my PATH and
} rehashed.  To my surprise, the tab completion still showed the GNU
} flags.

That may be because _pick_variant caches its results so that it doesn't
have to re-run the command every time you do a completion.  It appears
from both of those typescripts as if you first tried a completion with
the gnu version, then changed your path and tried again.  That won't
do the right thing; you have to try completion the very first time with
the version that you will always be using thereafter.

Try "unset _cmd_variant" right after you change your path, to clear the
_pick_variant cache.