Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: simple completion example? (aptitude completion doesn't work)
- X-seq: zsh-workers 21573
- From: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: simple completion example? (aptitude completion doesn't work)
- Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 14:19:30 +0200
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=mi0WUaewird+JlhAF2Wq6sQto7pMWzWAsev0+s+ZbJgdhtzV2h66N7JzL9NHbKSNrhpShehMAL9U/yZuArSPfsNc6w8UveKwrG1xjQ2qSS194oOLElexOosk96h8nYMUfMPmiKBq/nsS2a+ZON1Cg2eOXvGFfG8+X5qF8yqqHco=
- In-reply-to: <30056.1123491980@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20050802180158.GA10402@xxxxxxxxx> <19401.1123058911@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20050803101007.GA9755@xxxxxxxxx> <2356.1123064346@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20050805154030.GA16800@xxxxxxxxx> <32449.1123262228@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20050805193652.GA6842@xxxxxxxxx> <30056.1123491980@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 8/8/05, Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 5 Aug, Andy Spiegl wrote:
> > > If aptitude -h is giving you a German (or other) translation, try adding
> > > LC_MESSAGES=C in but I don't think that translation would actually break
> > > it in this particular case.
> > YES, that was it! Of course, why didn't I think of that!?
> We seem to be getting a lot of these translation related problems. Could
> do with someone finding the time to look through for any further
> > But there isn't such a big difference...Hm, maybe Verwendung instead of usage?
> > Can you think of a workaround for international users like me?
> In general, the patch below adding LC_MESSAGES=C does the job.
> It's very tempting to try to make the parsing work with the German
> output so that people get translated descriptions. However, if the
> formats aren't consistent it's probably only asking for trouble. And the
> completion code probably wouldn't handle the umlauts too well either.
Setting LC_MESSAGES when LC_ALL is already set won't have any effect
iirc, maybe you should also put LC_ALL="" there?
Messages sorted by: