Re: Regression in UTF-8 support

On 9/27/05, Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Andrey Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > this fixed history truncation but not strange mangling in completion
> > listing.
>
> There were some bits I missed or got wrong when updating nicechar().

This seems to fix most things here, but when i look at the history
file, some utf characters aren't saved correctly, but they become
correct when up-arrowing in zsh. Manually entering the same utf-8 code
in the history file seems to not confuse zsh though, but pressing
enter saves the "malformed" entry again. In my case the utf is し,
hiragana shi, 0xE38107. It is saved in history as ぃ・, 0xE38183C2B7.

--
Mikael Magnusson