Re: Bug? in complist when filenames are longer than the screen

On Monday 03 October 2005 18:45, DervishD wrote:
>     Hi all :)
>
>     I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm doing anything wrong, but
> I can reproduce it even without reading RC's (neither /etc/zshenv
> nor /etc/zshrc exist, and I run zsh with "-f").
>
>     $ print $ZSH_VERSION
>     4.2.5
>     $ touch a b c filename1 filename2 d e
>     $ zmodload zsh/complist
>     $ COLUMNS=3
>     $ ls <TAB><TAB><TAB><TAB><UP><DOWN>
>
>     The screen messes up and, depending on the filenames, zsh
> sometimes segfaults or hangs.

It would be nice to have exact recipe how to reproduce a crash preferably
starting with zsh -f. I have screen corruption but not (OK I am not sure what
sensibly can be done on 3 column width :)

Jokes aside, I do confirm screen corruption during normal completion under
konsole and linux console. This happens with long filenames, usually when I
complete "cd -" and have deeply nested directories. Like

{pts/1}% cd -TAB

======================

{pts/1}% cd -1/TAB
Completing directory stack
1
-- /home/bor/Download/D-Link/LINUX_GPL_SOURCE/mtd-20020722/drivers/mtd/maps/CVS
2 -- /home/bor/tmp

{pts/1}% cd -1/
Completing directory stack
1 -- /homcd -2/
1 -- /homcd -2/
1
-- /home/bor/Download/D-Link/LINUX_GPL_SOURCE/mtd-20020722/drivers/mtd/maps/CVS

2 -- /home/bor/tmp

-andrey