Re: FreeBSD process substitution bug

Steve Atwell wrote:
> It seems that zsh process substitution doesn't work properly on recent
> versions of FreeBSD.  Here's what happens:
>
> % cat <(date)
> cat: /dev/fd/11: No such file or directory
>
> This happens to me on FreeBSD 5.4 with zsh 4.2.5 built with default
> configure options.

That suggests there's something wrong with the following configure test:
any idea what?  You should find it works if you #undef PATH_DEV_FD in
config.h.

dnl ----------------------------
dnl CHECK FOR /dev/fd FILESYSTEM
dnl ----------------------------
AH_TEMPLATE([PATH_DEV_FD],
[Define to the path of the /dev/fd filesystem.])
AC_CACHE_CHECK(for /dev/fd filesystem, zsh_cv_sys_path_dev_fd,
[for zsh_cv_sys_path_dev_fd in /proc/self/fd /dev/fd no; do
   test x`echo ok|cat $zsh_cv_sys_path_dev_fd/0 2>/dev/null` = xok && break
 done])
if test $zsh_cv_sys_path_dev_fd != no; then
  AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(PATH_DEV_FD, "$zsh_cv_sys_path_dev_fd")
fi

Web page still at http://www.pwstephenson.fsnet.co.uk/