Re: PATCH: _pkg* completion for Solaris

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 10:23:29AM +0300, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

> pkg* suite is not Solaris specific (though specific arguments are of
> course) and is used in SVR4 based systems. I admit that the only
> survivied one is probably Solaris.

Fair enough.  If there's a good way of separating out the SVr4 bits from
the Solaris-specific bits, I'm happy to do that, but I definitely don't
want to dump it all into something labeled SVr4 just for someone to find
they can't actually use it.

Any ideas on what we should do about that?  It could be in a more general
directory, and have a test to see if it's Solaris, adding the Solaris-
specific bits if so ... would that work for you?

> I'd put it in more general directory then Solaris; I'd like to check usage
> against systems I still have access to.

Okay; I'm definitely curious to see how general some of the Solaris
commands are w.r.t. other SVr4 systems are.

> Thank you for writing them.

You're quite welcome.  Thanks for the review.

Danek