Re: PATCH: newuser system

On Nov 25, 10:24am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} This changes [initial keymap state], and also fixes the fact that
} actually if you didn't edit the recommended settings then they weren't
} saved.

Looks good, and that fixed another problem I had been about to report.

I have one remaining minor quibble:  Why is the default value of HISTFILE
set to ~/.histfile?  If you search the archives, it's "traditionally"
been ~/.zhistory since about 1996, with the occasional reference to
~/.zsh_history (which appears to have come about after Bash began using
~/.bash_history).  Not a big deal, but I've never seen ".histfile" before.