Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: PATCH: multibyte FAQ (MacOS X)
- X-seq: zsh-workers 22103
- From: Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: PATCH: multibyte FAQ (MacOS X)
- Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:15:04 +0000
- In-reply-to: <200512181941.jBIJf8Ci004603@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Organization: Cambridge Silicon Radio
- References: <a06001000bfcb1deaed2f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <200512181941.jBIJf8Ci004603@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've still had no luck with Solaris, even Solaris 9. It didn't help
> that the only UTF-8 locale around was ru_RU.UTF-8, but that isn't the
> basic problem and I don't know what is; it seems that even obvious
> multibyte strings like accented Latin characters aren't being
> recognised, even though all the functions are present, the terminal
> works fine with other multibyte systems, and LANG is set correctly.
On further investigation it seems that when given the first byte of a
multbyte character, mbrtowc() sometimes returns -1 (error) instead of -2
(incomplete). Reading another character and then passing both to mbrtowc()
worked. Sometimes later in the line it works as expected, returning -2 for
an initial byte. It doesn't seem to be tied to the mbstate_t parameter in
an obvious way, indeed it wasn't obvious that was doing anything at all.
I had a go at rewriting getrestchar() to look for other queued bytes, but
that wasn't good enough and I haven't yet had a chance to look at why.
From the silence so far it seems like no one has encountered this before.
I wonder if it's some interaction between the library and gcc.
I won't have a chance to get any further before Christmas. I'll be away
till the 3rd January.
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> Software Engineer
CSR PLC, Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road
Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, UK Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070
This message has been scanned for viruses by BlackSpider MailControl - www.blackspider.com
Messages sorted by: